The Mt. Adams Chorus is blessed with many talented men and women who share their love and gift of music throughout Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Under the direction of Paula Chal, the Chorus has developed a broad repertoire of contemporary and classic religious music and is well known throughout the region.
The Chorus traces its roots back 30 years to the historic Cincinnati neighborhood of Mt. Adams where the group originally served as the choir of Holy Cross Immaculata (HCI) for 29 years. Still rehearsing each week in Mt. Adams, members of the Chorus are dedicated to applying their musical gifts in support of the group’s mission:
“We are friends that love to sing together. Our call is to share our music ministry to create an atmosphere of love and joy.”
Over the years, the Chorus has lived out its mission in a variety of ways:
- Sang at hundreds of Catholic Masses, not only at HCI but also at St. Mary’s in Hyde Park, St. Patrick Church in Kentucky, and even St. Peter’s in Rome as well as dozens of weddings, funerals, and other special celebrations.
- Led musically-inspired prayer services at many area churches for Lent, Advent, 9/11, and more.
- Raised thousands of dollars for St. Jude’s Parish in Haiti via Christmas and other concerts.
- Visited Italy twice and performed Christmas concerts in both Rome and Florence.
- Sang for both Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict at the Vatican.
- Brought music to those in need at nursing homes, the local Drop In center, and more.
- Recorded two CDs – Holy Week and Christmas.
- Sang the National Anthem at many Cincinnati Reds baseball games and other professional and collegiate sporting events.
- Sang for special events such as the Cincinnati Zoo Festival Lights and Mt. Adams Luminaria Night.
The Mt. Adams Chorus continues to look for new opportunities to share its ministry with the community and is very excited to be participating in the World Choir Games!
We are available to sing at special events (weddings, anniversaries, funerals) and new members are welcome.
Contact Paula Chal email@example.com (859)331-9530 for more information.